When it comes to yoga, there are a lot of great things about it. It has the ability to help with your mental state, your weight and strength, and even helps reduce stress. But there are a lot of interesting facts about yoga that you may not be aware of. We have compiled a list of some of the most interesting facts about yoga and we would like to share some of them with you.
- Did you know that there is a Yoga Day? That’s right! The United Nations have declared June 21st as International Yoga Day, otherwise known as Yoga Day or World Yoga Day.
- Yoga is a natural mood enhancer. Because yoga is all about breathing, you have the ability to let go of what is bothering you and enhance your mood.
- It is said that yoga can increase your lifespan because it helps expand your lungs and helps with heart health.
- In 2002, Doga was invented. This is a form of yoga that is performed with your dog to help create a stronger bond of friendship.
- There are over 100 yoga schools all over the world. This includes Yoga Den!
- The world record holder for world’s oldest yoga teacher belongs to 85 year-old Bette Calman but a 90 year-old teacher is currently petitioning the Guinness World Records committee.
- In many parts of the world, people practice something called Nude Yoga. They believe that it helps deepen their yoga practice and builds intimate bonds with others in the yoga community.
If you are interested in joining us for one of our many yoga classes, please contact us for a schedule today.