They’re far and few between, but we do have some chilly winter days here in Jacksonville, Florida.
If you sometimes hate getting out of bed because it feels like you’re chilled down to your very bones, yoga is a great way to warm up!
Some mornings we have yoga classes that start as early as 6 am so that you can stretch your muscles and get the blood flowing as soon as possible. But what about the mornings when you can’t make it into one of our four Jacksonville-area studios for a yoga class? Or what if you’re visiting somewhere with snow and ice on the ground?
On those days, these slow flow yoga poses are going to be your best friend. Move through these series of warming yoga poses at your own pace, just like you were in one of our yoga classes.
By the end, you’ll feel a warmness at your center that will stay with you all day long. Enjoy!
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana) – This pose allows you to start out on your back, with the soles of your feet touching. Take deep breaths to activate your lungs and get the blood flowing.
- Eye Of The Needle Pose (Sucirandhrasana) – Still on your back, this pose takes things one step deeper, activating the large muscles in your legs.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana) – Begin to incorporate the upper body with this pose, taking five to 10 deep breaths while here.
- Low Lunge (Anjaneyasana) – Now we being to stretch and strengthen, transitioning here from Downward-Facing Dog if you’d like. Take five breaths with each leg extended to the front, arms overhead.
- Warrior II (Virabhadrasana II) – This post continues to open the upper body, core, and legs. You should be starting to feel warmth grow throughout your body now!
- Wide-Legged Forward Bend (Prasarita Padottanasana) – This pose will fully activate your hamstrings, taking five to 10 more deep breaths as you elongate yourself toward the floor.
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) – Even though this restful pose simulates sleep, you’ll find that you’re warmed up now. It’s actually a time to calm your breathing and ruminate on the day ahead.
Yoga Den Is Your Trusted Source For Yoga Classes in Jacksonville!
Don’t forget, we have a wide variety of yoga classes for all levels of experience at our Jacksonville area studios! We’d love to have you join us, whether you’re looking to continue your yoga practice or are just starting out in the world of yoga classes. We believe that practicing yoga can help to build strength both physically and mentally, and we look forward to helping you achieve your goals through our yoga classes!